Roanoke-Chowan Foundation was created originally as a public foundation, and in 1997 became an independent private foundation with a mission of meeting health and wellness needs of the Roanoke- Chowan communities in Bertie, Hertford, Gates and Northampton counties through an established grant making policy. Roanoke-Chowan Foundation is also the vehicle through which you can provide support for ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital.
Since 1998, Roanoke-Chowan Foundation has granted more than $15.2 Million in more than 100 grants to community-based programs, including ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital. The foundation also provides annual assistance with operational costs of ECU Health Wellness Center located in Ahoskie.
Your gift to ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Foundation - Giving care locally
Generous donors to Roanoke-Chowan Foundation have made the following ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital and community programs and services possible.
- Roanoke-Chowan Foundation General Fund - Donations support the Mission to improve the health, wellness and general well-being of all people living in the region through grants to not-for profit IRS 501 c 3 public charities or governmental agencies. Recent Grant Programs include Diabetes and Chronic Disease Case Management, Pediatric Asthma , Cancer Care Case Management, Dental Sliding Fee Scale for qualifying patients, Farm to School to Healthcare, TRIP - Transportation Grant and Car Seat Safety Program.
- Annie Eason Children's Fund - Donations help to purchase equipment and supplies for pediatric patients at ECU Health Roanoke-Chowan Hospital as set forth by the Zaslow Brothers of Philadelphia, PA.
- Susan Lassiter Fund for Advance Care Planning - Donations help provide resources for community education, physician training and the special work hospital staff do with patients and families for advance care planning.
- ECU Health Wellness Center - Ahoskie - Donations support programs and services of ECU Health Wellness Center. One example is the IN power Cancer Survivorship Program offered to cancer patients twice a year for eight weeks.
The foundation continues to request support for all of these programs and services to assure the community’s health needs are met.
Donate Any Amount, Any Way You Want.
Roanoke-Chowan Foundation accepts your contributions toward any of our hospital and community programs and services that improve health, prevent disease, and ensure timely quality medical care is provided for all in need. You can help us in these efforts to improve the health of our community!
Roanoke-Chowan Foundation accepts contributions of any amount at any time. It only take a few minutes to help us improve the health of our community by making a donation. Simply donate online using the form below, or write a check payable to Roanoke-Chowan Foundation, print our convenient donation form and mail to:
Roanoke-Chowan Foundation, Inc.
Attn: Sandra Woodard, Development Specialist
PO Box 1385
Ahoskie, NC 27910
You can also contact the Foundation Office at 252-209-3067 if you're interested in exploring other ways to give, such as:
- Annual gifts
- In memory of and in honor of gifts
- Legacy Giving